Blogger Tricks
BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Facebook Layouts »

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

My Mass Media Editorial

       Have you ever been told to do something and you just didn’t want to do it? I have. I am a homeschooled child and love it!  I enjoy the freedom of learning at home, but I know I still have to listen to my mother. What if she told me to complete my math work and I watched TV instead? I would not be obedient to my mother. I would not be following the theme of “Here I Am, Send Me.”

       Isaiah 6:8 helps us to understand this more. This verse says “Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, Whom shall I send?  And who will go for us? And I said, “Here I am, Send Me.”  Isaiah didn’t hide or make excuses.   We need to be eager to do good things. Isaiah is a great example of someone ready to work for God.

        There are also some bad examples in the Bible of characters who failed to have this same attitude.  God sent Jonah to Nineveh, but he went to Tarshish instead. Jonah then had to face the consequences for his poor decision.  God commanded Jonah to go to Nineveh again and this time he finally did.  Jonah should have obeyed God the first time. Jonah should have been eager to do God’s work.

       How about you? Are you like Isaiah or Jonah? It is time to be sent. Are you ready?



0 comment(s). Leave yours now!:

Most Visited Posts