Blogger Tricks
BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Facebook Layouts »

Friday, January 18, 2013

My Lads to Leaders Article


Have you ever been to Disney World? In March 2011, my family took our first trip to Disney World. There was one ride that terrified me: Space Mountain. I kept convincing myself,  “This looks too frightening and unsafe. I better not.”  I actually was worried that I might fall out! But my father kept encouraging me that it would be okay. He would be there with me. I finally decided to ride Space Mountain and I survived! I trusted my dad, not myself.

We should be like this with trusting God. Proverbs 3:5-6 says, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.” This verse reminds us that we shouldn’t rely on ourselves, but to rely on God.  Sometimes we think we are right and forget that He knows what is best.


When I attended public school, there were many times I had to trust in God. If I worried about a test, then I wasn’t trusting in God. I’d tell myself that I might do terrible on a test, but forget that God can help me.  Sometimes you just have to trust God and know that He will take care of you. Don’t give up or worry because God won’t let you down!

I like what Psalms 20:7 says:  “Some may trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God.”  We should remember to put our faith into God, not into worldly things.

How about you? Do you put your trust in God?

4 comment(s). Leave yours now!:

Addi's Daddy said...

So proud of your hardwork!

David Courington said...

Great thoughts Addi- I hope you always trust God. He will never let you down.

Granna said...

We are so proud of you, Addi. Your blog looks great and we know you are already a winner!

Anonymous said...

Nice work, Addi! We are so proud of you! Love, Granny & Papa

Most Visited Posts